Exciting Halloween fun for all Bloggers
Who doesn’t love a bloggers tag? This Hallotober tag is spooky Halloween fun for bloggers to join in with. It is perfect for those who love this time of year or if you’re joining in with Blogtober this year.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction
- Answer the 13 questions
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
Firstly a massive thank you to Smelly for tagging me. She is a fantastic blogger (both in French and English) and is also wonderfully supportive of my blog and many others, which means a lot to me. Thanks also to Jordanne at The Life of a Glasgow Girl for creating this tag!
- What’s your favourite thing about October?
Apart from always having a week off work at half term, I love nothing more than walking through autumn leaves in my wellies. I used to love doing autumn walks with my pupils or my own kids. Just have to do them on my own now!
- Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
Not particularly. As a child, it wasn’t a big thing. For a start, it was Jack o’ Lantern for some loose change, then a quick game of bobbing for apples in costumes made from bin liners! With my own kids, it was definitely more of an event. Parties, proper costumes and Trick or Treating. But now they’ve grown up, those days are now behind us so we won’t be celebrating it much anymore.
- What’s your favourite horror movie?
Not a fan of horror movies. Was completely unimpressed by the Blair Witch Project until hubby explained the ending to me outside the cinema and I’ve refused to watch it since! I didn’t mind Scream but that’s about the level I can tolerate!
- Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
Cosy night at home every time. Without the horror movies!
- Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
Can’t decide between the two I made for the boys. A creeper from Minecraft or Edward Scissorhands. I always preferred making costumes and the fruit loop (Joel) would happily wear anything I created!
- Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Bobbing for apples always.
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
Now, it’s just a large tub of sweets by the front door for anyone who comes knocking. This, however, is an ordeal since the stupid dog decided to elect himself as leader of the Neighbourhood Watch and now tries to scare off anyone with incessant barking who comes within five metres of the house.
- What’s your least favourite horror?
Haven’t watched enough to really have a least favourite one. So pretty much all of them!
- Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
Joel scaring a friend witless by wearing a Scream mask. We still talk about it to this day. As a child, I loved going round our estate with our carved turnips, trying to make sure the candle didn’t go out. But it was fine if it did. We’d been entrusted with a box of matches by our responsible adults! We would then club together our beggars’ gains and go off and buy fireworks for the following week’s bonfire party. The days before health and safety ruined everything 😜
- What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
It usually means I’m off work for the week!
- Scary costume or Silly costume?
Probably scary. Although the husband dressing up as Alex Ferguson with a hairdryer was pretty good.
- What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
None. I don’t like sweets. If crisps were handed out on Hallowe’en, you wouldn’t see me for dust!
- Do you believe in ghosts?
I used to want to believe and be able to communicate with loved ones. I liked the idea of finding signs from them. But I have no reason to believe they exist, despite what Yvette Fielding tries to tell me!
(Apologies if you’ve been nominated before!)
1. What’s your favourite thing about October?
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
3. What’s your favourite horror movie?
4. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
5. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
7. How do you celebrate Halloween?
8. What’s your least favourite horror?
9. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
10. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
11. Scary costume or Silly costume?
12. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
13. The Adams Family or The Munsters?